Dear Falkon Academy Parents and Guardians,
We have some exciting updates for you this week!
1) Invitation to Maker Faire in Rocklin: Falkon Academy has been invited to present at the Maker Faire in Rocklin, hosted by Sierra College. This event takes place on October 7, 2023, from 10 am to 2 pm. Maker Faire is a gathering of curious and creative people, where engineers, artists, scientists, and crafters come together to showcase their projects and experiments. We encourage all our kids to visit this event and get inspired!
Volunteers Needed at Maker Faire: We are looking for parent and student volunteers (7th grade and above) to help out at the Maker Faire event. You can sign up for 1-hour slots to lend a hand. Please use the following link to volunteer: Maker Faire Volunteer Sign-up
2) Mini League Schedule for Recreational Program: For our Mini League in the Recreational Program, please mark your calendars. Parents are welcome to attend these events.
Location: Marina Village Middle School, El Dorado Hills Dates and Times:
- Friday, Nov 17, 2023, from 5:30 PM to 9:35 PM
- Friday, Dec 15, 2023, from 5:30 PM to 9:35 PM
- Friday, Feb 09, 2024, from 5:30 PM to 9:35 PM
- Friday, Feb 23, 2024, from 5:30 PM to 9:35 PM
3) Competitive Teams’ Progress:
VEX V5: Our VEX V5 teams have been making solid progress on building their chassis. However, they’ve encountered some challenges with the design as it struggles to cross certain barriers. Some teams are in the process of complete rebuilds, while others are working on special attachments to improve performance.
VEX IQ Teams: Both new and experienced teams in the VEX IQ program have been making excellent progress. Former teams with robotics experience are leading the way, and new teams are learning from their achievements.
4) Recreational Team Update: Our Recreational Teams have reached a significant milestone this week! They have successfully built their first basebot, which will serve as the foundation for adding more structures for the competition. This exercise provided valuable insights into the use of gears and wheels in combination, as well as how to adjust motor speed. It also introduced the students to the different VEX pieces and how to construct various structures.
5) Stay Connected on Facebook: Remember to follow us on Facebook for the latest updates and photos from our programs. Please visit our Facebook page and give us a “like” at www.facebook.com/falkonacademy.
If you have any questions or need more details about your child’s program or upcoming events, please feel free to reach out. Your continued support is greatly appreciated as we work together to nurture our students’ passion for STEM education.
Thank you for being a part of the Falkon Academy community!